Tuesday 11 November 2014

Marathon

I have done it. I have entered my very first marathon. As you probably know, I don't really do much road running, so it will come as no surprise that my first marathon will be a trail one. The one I've chose is scheduled for 17th May 2015, and it's the Montane Trail 26 in the Howgills. There's a whole myriad of choices for trail marathons, including a flatter one on actual trails just the day before. But this one looks interesting because it's crossing over some wild terrain, just the sort of running I like.

If you want to know more about the event, see a route map or check whether I have in fact entered, there's all those details on the Trail26 event website.


I'm running this marathon as a personal challenge, but also to raise awareness for the great work that Glossop Mountain Rescue Team do. I live on their patch, and I'll be up front, I'm obviously biased about their voluntary work as my other half, Tim, is a full time volunteer member on the team. That aside, I spend a lot of time in remote parts of Bleaklow, and thankfully I've never yet needed rescuing. But, should that ever happen, I completely appreciate the volume of work that goes behind each and every rescue call out. 
The team goes out in all weathers, on all sorts of different rescues. But the nature of their job is helping others. So in my quest to run my first ever marathon I am raising funds to help the volunteers of GMRT continue their voluntary work as safely and efficiently as possible. If you'd like to donate then please head over to my JustGiving page.

You can also donate by texting GLOS98 £5 to 70070.

JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment