Friday 7 February 2014

Mizzle Meander

It looked dull and damp outside. My regular Thursday running partner's daughter is ill so there was no external motivation to push me to run. We normally meet just after 9am so I decided to keep the appointment with myself. Yes I could have procrastinated. I could have waited for clag on the tops to clear (the sun is shining as I write this), or the threatened rain to come and go, plus I have a list the length of my arm of things I could and should be doing.

But, I had a good old talk to myself and managed to muster up the motivation to go for a fell run on my own. So what if I didn't feel like it. It's never as bad as it appears once you're out. I told myself that I would have an easy run, no pressure to get to any particular place by any particular time. The worst bit was leaving the warmth of the house. Even our porch felt freezing. The best bit, being all alone on top of a hill in what Tim has termed 'mizzle' (drizzle-mist)...and then some haily-sleety-rain...hunkering down in a bit of shelter for a few moments to just listen. Hearing nothing but the wind and patter of moisture hitting the rocks around me. Beautiful. There photos may help you imagine where I was...



me at Cock Hill trig point - funny face as it was ch-ch-chilly






No comments:

Post a Comment