Saturday 23 March 2013

Snow Update

Tomorrow was scheduled as the Dark & White Mini Mountain Marathon over in Totley/NE Peak District. I learnt this morning it was postponed because of the snow that arrived yesterday and overnight. I'm both sad and relieved, I don't like running in snow as I am so slow it ends up being a walk. So the relief is that the race will be rescheduled. The weekend was also meant to be the Edale Skyline race, that too has succumbed to cancellation because of the weather. Hard to believe it's spring!

As usual I was up early and decided to take a wander round Derbyshire Level - the back road above where I live that goes from Glossop golf course to the Chunal road over to Hayfield. The snow drifts were amazing. Our compact camera is travelling with Tim this weekend (he's doing massage work with a ladies cycling team in Gent, Belgium) and the driving snow, high wind and moisture in the air didn't encourage me to take out the SLR camera. So, just for memories, here's some photos taken on my phone:












I really should have worn gaiters...those drifts were 2-3 feet deep across the road and deeper against the walls. It was nice to get out and be the first set of footprints out there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment