Friday 8 February 2013

Pushing

I'm on a drive to attain one of my 2013 aspirations, #3 in fact. That is, to run the Herod Farm Fell Race quicker than last year, and hopefully not feel quite so trashed as I summit the second climb and then have to push to coax my legs down the final descent. The push for the next couple of months is to do three strength and conditioning sessions, and three runs per week. Here's what I've done this week:

Sunday - 50 minute tempo run (10-30-10), 7.82 km on the Longdendale Trail - it was raining and bitterly cold

Monday - strength and conditioning session 1 - see here for what I'm doing in the training sessions

Tuesday - rest, it snowed. I'd planned to do my second tempo run but driving to the trail wasn't a safe option. ok so I wimped out. but I did do some bodyweight core training for 45 minutes

Wednesday - strength and conditioning session 2 and tempo run (10-30-10), 8.03km this time doing laps on the track from Old Glossop towards Mossy Lea farm

Thursday - rest, although I did go for an easy walk for an hour

Friday - strength and conditioning session 3 (at home, interesting use of the weights we have) and my LSD (long steady distance) run - 90 minutes and 13.25km


So, mission accomplished for this week. Here's a (poor quality) photo taken on my phone during today's run:


This is looking from Cemetery Road towards Whiteley Nab - the hill that will be conquered (twice) during the Herod Farm fell race, scheduled for the evening of 17 April. If you're interested to see how I got on last year have a read of the blog I wrote. The sky in that final photograph sort of shows how horrible the weather was, I'm hoping for better conditions this year.

1 comment:

  1. Great to see you have started this year's training with a bang Lynne! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete