Tuesday 20 March 2012

April

With the month end looming I have been drawing up my training plan for April. Gosh it looks busy! I'm sticking to the principle of 3 hard days, 2 recovery and 2 rest. Sometimes that's a challenge. It's also a challenge to get walking and navigation time on the hill but it's in there somewhere, and I'll no doubt stick a few half days in as well.

Red = hard training: get sweaty and increase heart rate for a good period of time.
Orange = recovery: steady and low heart rate, shouldn't really get sweaty.
Green = rest: but can include walking if not a challenging orange or red route.
Turquoise = race ...therefore hard, unless it should be recovery!























The first 2 weeks are fine (3 red, 2 orange, 2 green)...the third is ok, I won't be breaking any records on Herod Farm so will just run it, rather than race; plus I'll have a light strength & conditioning day on the Thursday most likely. Then I have a crazy week where I'm still doing my strength and conditioning training, would like to do a club run but should be resting and then have a series of 3 races on consecutive days. My aim is to do the first one race on the Friday, see how I feel for the second...and by the third I may or may not be in a reasonable state to drag myself around the 8km route with nearly 500m ascent.  Something will give on that week for sure.

This is just the plan. I'll listen to my body and continually reassess where I'm at each week. What I do know is that the mini mountain marathon and Kinder Downfall will be run - those are absolute givens for April.

No comments:

Post a Comment