Wednesday 15 February 2012

Intrigued?

Recently I've been thinking more about the coming year and what races I might pull on fell shoes and my Glossopdale Harriers vest.  I really enjoyed running the Peak 'O' Trial and the Kinder Trial - even though the latter was exhausting I did have fun. So here are some of the contenders for my 2012 racing:

Date Race Distance Ascent
18 March Dark & White Mini Mountain Marathon Series (1/3) 3hr orienteering event variable
15 April Dark & White Mini Mountain Marathon Series (2/3) 3hr orienteering eventvariable
18 April Herod Farm 4.8km 335m
22 April Kinder Downfall 15.5km 600m
27 April Chunal 4.8km 305m
8 May Burbage Skyline 9.3km 366m
13 May Dark & White Mini Mountain Marathon Series (3/3) 3hr orienteering event variable
3 June Wormstones 6.4km 411m

I'd really like to do the D&W series but will take a view on entering all of them after the first one - who knows, I might not like them. I am however intrigued to give another longer race a go to see how I can push myself. I'm not really one for big organised events, preferring the low-key local feeling. But who knows until you try one eh!?

Burbage Fell Race 2012 - taken from my position as a marshall just after the first river crossing
I've not looked at the race calendar in detail beyond early June...I'll review how I'm feeling after a few months. There's a few other races I do need to consider if I want to take part in the Glossopdale Harriers fell championship (Charlesworth Carnival, Coomes Tor, Lantern Pike, Famous Grouse, Round the Ressers to start with, oh, and Stockport 10 (that's miles not km) and a ParkRun). Watch this space!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the start of a good plan for the year! Be careful not to do too many events and to select your "target" ones....you can only give of your best in a certain number of races each year.
    Beyond June? A whole summer of running out there for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pic of Burbage - one of my first Peak races. Must try and do it again :)

    ReplyDelete