Wednesday 25 January 2012

Excellence...

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." Aristotle

In my never ending quest to better myself I have set more specific aims, this time with weekly and monthly targets.

Weekly
3 runs: distance/time not important. I just shouldn't get to the club run on a Tuesday and realise I've not run since last week.
2 low-carb eating days: I'm keeping my target weight within reach but eating habits have slipped a little with the Christmas indulgence lasting longer than it should. Not that I'm eating unhealthily, but I could do better. By giving myself the target of 2 low-carb days a week it will remind me to keep focused.
1 new recipe: try something new, and include new flavours and foods to keep things fresh.

Monthly
2 Glossopdale Harriers club runs. This can be part of my weekly 3 runs.
2 full days on the hill - hours in boots, exploring the local area and beyond.
2 half days on the hill - focus on micro-navigation practice will be part of these days.
1 weekend away.
1 bivvy night on the hill.
more of this....
I'll keep you posted with how I'm getting on. Stats for January are skewed since I've only just devised these targets. I think having considered the frequency of running hasn't been what I'd like it's pushed me to get these targets down on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment