Wednesday 14 December 2011

Phew!

I appear to be on the mend. Taking a second course of antibiotics seems to have shifted the lurgy from my tonsils and I'm back out running. Yippee. I ran last Tuesday and for numerous reasons didn't get out as planned on Friday (one reason was seeing the doctor for meds).  I've managed a couple of almost full on sessions at the gym and strength is almost back to where I was about 5 weeks ago. The best bit is I feel like doing the training, and that's great.

Today's run was on road, I sort of chickened out going on the fell because I was only going for about 5 or 6 km and unless I drive I'd only get a couple of kilometres off road anyway. Not an excuse, just reality. But, the draw of the green hills was too much and at Old Glossop I hit the track up to Mossy Lea. Nothing taxingly off-road, I nice rocky track with amazingly stunning views up to Bleaklow.  So the shoes weren't ideal for the river bed that the track has turned into, and so I was dropping in the odd walking break...the scenery was worth it. I forced myself to run some of the inclines, walking only as a last resort. Grit and determination got me up the final pull above Mossy Lea Farm and it was downhill all the way home (with the exception of a little blip on road as I extended the direct route home via a longer loop that includes a steep first 50m).

The headwind on the final few kilometres was pressing into my lungs and they have paid for it. I've coughed like a good'en since getting home. Good news is that feels more like the asthma I deal with than infections. Next trip out should be Friday if snow doesn't block the Snake Pass and prevent me meeting a friend for a 10km loop of Ladybower Reservoir. I'll run either way though.

No comments:

Post a Comment