Thursday 17 November 2011

Blink

Just when you think you're getting into the swing of things, running is getting stronger, you're more comfortable pushing up the hills, and bang. Chest Infection.

I ran two days in a row, on 1st November I ran 8.5km on my own up to the far end of Shelf Benches, then a steady 5km with Tim the following day. He is recovering from an issue with his heel so it was just a tester for him and a chance for me to stretch my legs for a second day. It went well.

The following day I did my gym training, on 5th November I was on a recovery day - an easy 40 minutes spin on the turbo. On 7th I was back in the gym but missed off the metabolic blaster at the end as I didn't feel 100%. Tim and I went for a walk on the 8th, wandering up Kinder Low to the Woolpacks on a wonderful claggy day. We had planned to go to the Lakes but swapped it for a couple of days holiday in the Peak instead - saving petrol, me not quite right and him still not 100% with his heel.

That was 9 days ago. Since then I've done nothing, apart from a couple of very short walks into town. A trip to the doctors today and I have antibiotics, instructions to stick my head over a bowl of hot water to steam my sinuses and there you have it. There is apparently a bug going round!! I can vouch for that.

So, yet again I find I cannot run. Tis most frustrating. I'm not even keen to get out walking which is all the more frustrating as the weather has been particularly mild and sunny for a few days. But, intelligent rest and following the doctors orders should have me back to reasonable fitness next week. 

1 comment:

  1. I share your pain hun, been a while since I've been out doing anything - fingers crossed I'll get a flight tomorrow and a couple of days on the MTB down in South Wales over the weekend, see how the lungs cope!

    Keep up the cakeage!

    ReplyDelete