Tuesday 16 August 2011

Steady

That's how today's run was. I felt 'heavy' though the scales this morning have me at the lowest weight for the month. Not that I really bother with numbers much, preferring to notice that my most recently bought pair of trousers are looser on me now than a month ago - that's progress.  So today's run was a steady 5.75km, average pace of 6:23/km.  Not too bad looking at the figures. Best bit is I felt strong in my legs though heavy in my shoulders so the natural flow didn't feel so easy. I could have gone further, but today is a short day. Slow steady progress is the key to avoiding injury, no drastic gains in distance, speed or terrain. Speaking of terrain, my run was partly tarmac, stony track and grass - a good mix up for the legs and ankles to build up strength slowly. Another mix in today was the shoes - wore my Walshes which performed well - more comfortable off the tarmac, but that goes without saying. In fact with any more tarmac than I did I reckon I'd be getting tingly numb feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment