Thursday 28 July 2011

Rehab Week 4

Week 1 included 2 runs - short run/walk (with more walking than running) and a longer run/walk (4km and 5km)
Week 2  -  2 runs (3.5km and 6.75km)
Week 3  -  2 runs (3.8km and 8.9km)

Now in week 4, one run done (4.5km), one planned for Saturday. Saturday runs are generally slower, with longer walk breaks. The last couple of runs have been in hotter weather as timing for an early or late run didn't work out. I'll plan this better if the weather stays hot as it's just too muggy running in heat.

Looking at the figures that seems a fairly steady increase. My legs are feeling good when running, no ITB or knee twinges. I'm happy. Distance and time is progressing and no sign of reinjury occurring.

My plan after this weekend's long run is to start out on some easy track runs, keeping the distance increasing but including a short stretch of off-road terrain and gradually increasing that and decreasing road running over the next 4 weeks. I'll monitor progress as I go and modify what I do as necessary.

Today was my second session at S&P gym......will blog about that separately. But, what I will say is that putting some strength work into my week is great. It's the first time I've ever had a structured training programme, so far I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment