Tuesday 12 July 2011

More rehab runs

After the pain-free run on Tuesday 4th I went out again for a longer run on Saturday 9th July. I managed 5km in 32:43, including a 3 minute warm up walk then 2 mins run/1 min walk throughout the duration. I have to say, at that combination I felt like I could go on for quite a while longer, and was very pleased with the overall pace of 6:10 min/km. That's not much less than I'd been aiming for previously with constant running, so maybe Jeff Galloway is right in saying that you don't lose that much time by including walking breaks into your runs. This strategy certainly seems to be keeping me pain free.

I did another run today, 3.5km in 23 mins with an overall paces of 6:12min/km. again, not too shabby. I'm getting no pain in my knee or leg anywhere so I'm really pleased.  I was trying out green superfeet today and it felt much more supportive on the arch of my left foot. Weirdly the heel felt a little loose on the right, but that could have been down to my laces not being done up right, or my heel not being in the back of the shoe when lacing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment